John Salzer, Indiana University, "Making Hay with ALFALFA"
The recently completed ALFALFA blind HI survey has produced an unprecedented catalogue of 21-cm detected objects in the local universe out to z = 0.06. With a sensitivity more than an order of magnitude better than previous wide-field blind HI surveys, ALFALFA represents the current state-of-the-art in neutral hydrogen searches.
Astronomy colloquium: May 22, 2013 @ 3 PM
- Faculty position: The Department invites applications for a faculty position in experimental astrophysics and cosmology.
- Astronomy Colloquium: Making Hay with ALFALFA, John Salzer, Indiana University
May 22, 2013 | 3:00 pm | BSLC 115
- KICP Seminar: The Influence of Baryons in Interpreting the Cosmological Model, Alyson Brooks, U Wisconsin Madison
May 24, 2013 | 12:00 pm | LASR Conference Room
- First Annual GMT Community Science Meeting: "Cosmology in the Era of Extremely Large Telescopes"
June 10 - 12, 2013 | University of Chicago's Gleacher Center, Chicago, IL
- Workshop: "Galaxies within the Cosmic Web"
June 17 - 21, 2013 | Chicago, IL
- KICP Summer School: Computational Cosmology
August 5 - 16, 2013 | Chicago, IL
- Archive of Events